Let’s Unite to Prevent Heart Disease and Stroke
Heart disease and stroke kill 1 in 3 women, yet it’s 80% preventable
We are excited and proud to partner with and support the American Heart Association to help educate consumers together on the importance of prevention of heart disease and stroke awareness.
February is American Heart Month. During the month, thousands of American Heart Association volunteers visit their neighbors. Their goal is to raise funds for research and education and pass along information about heart disease and stroke. Learn how you can participate in American Heart Month by reading below.
Why Take Action
- Heart disease is not just a man’s disease. Each year, 1 in 3 women die of heart disease and stroke.
- 80 percent of cardiac events can be prevented.
- Heart disease and stroke kill more women than men.
- Cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death for African-American women.
- Hispanic women are likely to develop heart disease 10 years earlier than Caucasian women.
- 90% of women have one or more risk factors for heart disease or stroke.
- Raising your voice and sharing how you or your loved ones have overcome heart disease is the strongest action you can take. Go Red For Women is encouraging all women who have been impacted by heart disease to speak red by telling their personal stories of diagnosis, treatment and survival against women’s No. 1 killer.
Women are strong. We are smart. We solve problems. Women can do anything men can do. And, there are some things we’re even better at – dying of heart disease and stroke. Like breaking barriers? Go Red! And help break the one against heart disease. When it comes to beating heart disease and stroke, change can be the cure. Make a change at GoRedForWomen.org.
Thank you to our other sponsors:
Heart Month Events
More information on all our events can be found on the American Heart Association Denver Facebook page www.facebook.com/ahadenver
Drop Red Gorgeous
Saturday, February 18, 2017
10am to 12pm
Wellshire Event Center, Denver
Fashion, Friends, and Fun! Learn how you can take charge of your heart health over a heart-healthy brunch while being inspired by the stories of our Macy’s Go Red Mother/Daughter models who have been personally affected by heart disease or stroke. This event is open to the public and FREE.
For more information click here.